Robyn Robertson is a full-time unschooling mom to two fun-loving kids. She was a mixed heritage kid, who had lived and travelled in 7 different countries by the time she was 6 years old.
During this episode, Robyn will share why she chose to homeschool her two children. She’ll discuss growing up as a Jehovah’s witness and how being mix-raced challenged her.
- 02:29 – Robyn’s background and introduction
- 04:25 – The path that society wants us to go on
- 05:50 – Losing your way
- 11:30 – Wanting a change and making the change
- 16:05 – Moving to Jamaica and the beginning of homeschooling
- 18:41 – “The biggest thing about homeschooling that was so exciting that we all loved as a family, was that not only about the books and the learning and the one plus one, it was all about experiencing life together, and building our relationship and our connection and our communication“ – Robyn Robertson
- 20:48 – How they saw life and were experiencing life
- 22:37 – Questioning the structured schedule
- 25:40 – Personal value and homeschooling
- 29:42 – Why are you not following the rules
- 30:49 – Unschooling can be different things for different families
- 35:05 – The social element
- 42:17 – Growing up Jehovah’s Witness
- 54:50 – Upcoming One Last Talk